I am SO far behind in my blogging. Working full time, and being a mommy full time and wife is serious business! I used to LOVE the time to myself in the evening to write, share recipes, my life, favorite things, however that free time is now spent sleeping with my 2 year old or nursing my 5month old. I hope that sometime soon I can make the time like I once did to blog...maybe after the holidays. For now, I will try and at least keep up with Miss Reagan's monthly stats. She is getting SO BIG SO fast.....5 months?!? I honestly don't even believe it. I feel like we were JUST bringing her home from the hospital and adjusting to the craziness of 2 girls.
At 4 and 5 months Reagan is 10lbs. She was 10 at her 4 month appointment and 10 at 5 months when I had her at the dr. I was convinced she had an ear infection after a few nights of NO sleep and non-stop screaming, but nope...her ears were clear as day. She was just giving me a hard time for about a week but thankfully she is sleeping MUCH better after a few nights of CIO (crying it out).
Eating: Reagan is still eating about 4oz every 3 hours and still loves to nurse. We tried oatmeal at 4 months but Ray wanted NOTHING to do with it. We waited and tried it again at 5 months and she is loving it! She gets some oatmeal with fruit for dinner every night. She has had apples and bananas. She wasn't too fond of the apples but of course loves the nanas.
Sleeping: After a rough week when Reagan turned 5 months, she is finally back to sleeping well. The 4 month sleep regression wasn't terrible, only lasted about 3 nights of interrupted sleep, and then she was back to mostly STTN. But at 5 months, Reagan was getting up 3 or 4 times EVERY NIGHT! I took her to the dr thinking it was an ear infection and when the dr said no, we were stumped. We decided that it was time to let her CIO (cry it out) and that also only took a night or 2 before she was sleeping well again. Reagan goes down at 8 and is then usually up once between 11-2 and then again around 5 (only sometimes). I don't mind the late night feedings, it gives me extra snuggles with my sweet baby and she goes right back down after eating.
Personality: Ray continues to be the happiest, little sweetie ever! She is grabbing at most toys and has a great grip! She grabs the spoon from us when we are feeding her and tries to feed herself. She holds her own bottle, something Alexa NEVER did and she is so strong. She coos and giggles, not tons but is still more vocal than Alexa was as a baby. I love to watch them interact...Alexa can get her to laugh the best saying silly things or even just laughing at her. Watching them together is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment