Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend's weather has been awesome and we are taking full advantage!  Last night we met friends at the St Andrew fesival in UA.  We enjoyed food, drinks, friends and music.  Alexa had a blast and was up WAAAAY past her bedtime. 

Today after Ian met me sleep in, we had a fun family day of shopping and hanging out at the zoo.

Did I mention how nice it has been having Ian around?!

Mommy and Lex at Asia Quest

Look Dad- Elephants!

Petting the lion

Happy girl

Look mom!

Alexa LOVED pointing at all the animals and trying to tell us what she saw!! 

But we sadly had 1 causality.  Alexa came home with only1 pink stride rite. HUGE sad face. Unless that means we get to go shopping. Alexa's had her eye on a pair of Toms, maybe she planned this whole thing! :)

Once we got home we grilled out for an early dinner and Ian made some of his delicious guac!  At the store he forgot to buy tortilla chips, but an unopened bag in the party was our savor, or so I thought.  I almost threw up when I bite into a flax seed tortilla chip that expired in 2011.  They tasted like chemicals!!  This inspired me to purge our pantry and throw away TONS of expired items....2 bags of food to be exact!!  I remember seeing once on 20/20 that expiration dates on food are nothing to mess with- even though you assume most canned goods and other non-perishable items (cake mix, pancake mix, pasta, chips, etc) are okay beyond the dates- that is not true and now, our pantry looks much thinner.



This purge was unplanned but obviously needed!


Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment