Monday, January 21, 2013

Manic Monday

I am still unable to upload pictures to my blog and it is starting to really depress me.  I may need to change my website and or use a URL rather than Blogspot....more to come on that.

I have lots of things on my mind, so bear with me as this blog post has the potential to be VERY random today.  :)

1. Cookies
 I have been been wanting Chocolate Chip Cookies for weeks, but like most sweets as of late, I am sure that after just 1 I will be over them and they will sit on the counter for weeks, which is so unlike me but this baby does it to me, no sweet tooth!!   I will be making the batter for these,  today and the cookies in the next couple of days.  I have been these a few tines and always LOVE them! I thought I had posted the recipe on my blog but couldn't find it so I had to go back to the Internet and search for it. These are a perfect pick me up for these gloomy winter days!

2. Potty
For the past couple of months Alexa always seems to let us know when she needs to go to the bathroom, or after she has already gone. She will go to the gate by the stairs and head up if she can open it or whine and want us to open it for her.  She will also bring us a diaper, and throws her diaper away after we change her.  I have been thinking that maybe its time to at least get her a potty and see if she is "interested".  Ian is not at all thrilled at starting to potty train, he thinks it will be such a big hassle and after talking to a friend who was potty training, I think he is right, but if she is ready- she is ready. I got her a potty and she sat on it once for about 20 seconds but then was more interested in standing in it, on it and pushing it around the room. I am not trying to potty train her by any means, I am 100% fine with still changing her diaper. I haven't bought her underwear or anything like that but thought that it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the potty around so she can learn about it.  We will see.

3. Winter Blues
I have been in a MAJOR depression lately. Nothing cheers me up, not a mani/pedi, not wine (1 glass), not even shopping!  We went yesterday and I came home with 1 measly shirt !:(  I have been feeling so down for the past few weeks and can only focus on our little getaway coming up in a few weeks and then it hit me...I have the Winter Blues- AGAIN!  It was almost 1 year ago (just 2 days shy) that I wrote this post and I have been feeling the exact same way. It is a good decision that about 4 years ago we decided to get away every year around this time...its the perfect pick me up. I am hoping that after our vacation I find my motivation and happiness as we will be adding a new baby to the mix in only 3.5 months!

4.  Stroller
Speaking of new baby, we aren't planning a nursery for baby #2, but plan on having the new baby share a room with Alexa, once baby is out of our room which should be around 4 months.  There are actually only a handful of things we need to purchase (besides clothes if its a boy) and one of those is a new stroller. I have been eyeing the City Select for a long time and regret not buying this for Alexa, since it can be used as a single stroller, as well as a double.  I will be selling our City Mini so if you or anyone you know is interested, please send them my way. 


5. Valentines Day
I have been shopping for V-day for weeks!  I got Alexa's gift and keep adding to it. I am very excited for some reason this year, I think because now she is older and while she doesn't completely understand holidays, she gets very excited for them and the presents and the sweets!  I have gotten her some very cute shirts, outfits from the Gap and Target and keep picking up more. My little Valentine will be in red and pink ALL month! 

6. The Sick Kid
Alexa is FINALLY feeling better after having croup last week and then at her 18month well visit on Thursday, (2 days after she had been at the dr for croup) I found out she had a massive ear infection.  She had been up ALL night on Wednesday and I couldn't understand why because she wasn't coughing or anything. Its a good thing she had her well visit, otherwise I would have NEVER taken her in to have her ears looked at.  Thankfully after just 1 day of antibiotics Alexa was feeling so much better. It was frustrating to have "the sick kid" for those 3 days and I am SO happy she is back to her normal, happy self. 

I think that's all for my random Monday post.  I am off to bake while Alexa still naps.

Happy Monday!

2 comments: