Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Favorites and Summer To Do's

I have been wanting to do a summer favorites list for awhile now and thought the 1st day of Summer would be a great time! I am also inspired by Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere to create a Summer To Do List.  I hope I can do all of these things with my family and friends this summer....I have about 8 weeks left of my summer before I go back to work.

Summer Favorites:
1.  Bright Colored Tees
I have been living in these bright colored tees from JCrew. They are thin, long and come in so many fun colors.  Accessorized with a scarf or necklace these make the perfect summer outfit with cutoffs or white jeans. The online store is currently having a sale, its the perfect time to stock up!
 



 
2. Flowers
We turned the backyard space used for a vegetable garden in the past, into a wildflowers garden. We don't have many flowers, yet, but the space is looking so lush and full. I cant wait till these are in full bloom with blues, yellows oranges and pinks.  It shouldn't be much longer and I'll be sure to post pictures.

Our back planters are looking big and full, I just love flowers in the summer!


 
 
3.  Bright Colored Handbags
 I have been searching for a new handbag to replace my bag  from last summer. I like to get a new bag for summer and usually carry it till the next year.  Well, its about that time and I finally found my replacement bag!  I LOVE it!
 
 
This bag is on sale and Kate Spade is offering an additional 25% off for ALL SALE items with the code JUNE25.  You can shop here.....you're welcome.
 
4.  Jergens Natural Glow Lotion
I have used this lotion in the past despite the horrible smell and love the gradual tan it gives without leaving your skin orange.  Well, Jergens  changed the scent and this still offers the perfect glow for summer if you don't have endless time to spend your days laying out poolside.
 
 
5. Toddler Swimwear
Since I am not yet bikini ready, I am putting Alexa in the  CUTEST bathing suits ever!!  I am loving all of these suits and most are now on sale at Old Navy, Gap and Carters.
 
 


 
 
 6.  Girl Scout Cookie Creamer
This creamer is AMAZING!! Not too sweet, not too minty....seriously PERFECT!! 
 
 
7. Precision Pore Cleansing Pad
Andrea blogged about this here and I bought Ian and I each one yesterday. After only 2 days my skin feels softer and looks brighter. This is the best $5 I may have ever spent! Available at Sephora.
 
 
8. Napping babies
No explanation needed

 
Summer To Do List:
1.  Road trip.
2.  Take a Yoga class....who wants to come with me?
3.  Go to a Columbus Clippers Game.
4.  Go to Happy Hour...it has been YEARS!
5.  Host a backyard BBQ.
6.  Try one of the yummy drink recipes I have pinned on Pinterest.
7.  See a double feature at the Drive In.
8.  Check out Scioto Mile.
9.  Picnic in the park.
10. Day Date with Ian to Zoombezi Bay!!!!
 
 
 
Happy Friday and 1st day of Summer!!!
 



4 comments:

  1. I want to try the pore cleansing pads but i also use the Jergens sunless tan lotion (along with bi-weekly spray tans) and im afraid the abrasiveness of the pad will take the color off my face. Thoughts?

    Drop the girls off to me and Brian and go do #10!! Or at least borrow our passes so you can save some $$ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be fine, it's very soft. You will love it!

      Delete
    2. And do you think we could pass for you and Brian....anytime- thanks!

      Delete
  2. They never look at the picture on the passes and IF they did the pics are so small and grainy u can hardly make out the person anyways. My babysitter uses mine every week and we look nothing alike!

    Ill def try out the cleansing pads now...thx!

    ReplyDelete