Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer, Summer, Summertime

We are having such a FUN summer!! I am going to have the HARDEST time going back to work and would love to figure out a way to always have my summers off without having a baby or being a SAHM mom full time.  Is it too late to become a teacher?

Mondays/Tuesdays and Fridays I have both girls at home with me all day, which can be super easy or super hectic and I can usually tell which type of day it will be as soon as Alexa wakes up. If I hear her on the monitor and I am still sleeping in bed with Reagan...it will most likely be hectic.  Hectic days mean drinking cold coffee, not having a chance to shower, and hopefully those days we don't have to be anywhere at a certain time and can lounge in our jammies till lunch and then hang outside at the pool.  My days seem to be the best if I can get up before both girls, shower, drink my coffee and pick up around the house before anyone is up. I would say I'm 2 for 3 of those days...which I will gladly take!

 I wanted to have lots of fun activities for Alexa outside of the house this summer, zoo, pool, play dates, etc...but I am loving our backyard and think a lot of our play dates will be at our house, something I hadn't really planned on.   In years past with no shade the backyard would  become a sauna but the pergola and shades, along with the cool mister offers the perfect amount of shade and comfort for those hot Ohio days, which we haven't had too many of this summer....yet.






I have also starting giving Alexa some chores.  She already puts away her toys and books (most times) when asked and always wants help when I am doing the dishes.  She stands at the dishwasher and hands me the dishes to put away which is a really big help. I decided that putting away the silverware would be the perfect job for her and is another big help.  She gets her stool and puts away the folks and spoons teaching her sizes. 




Its hard to believe she will be 2 in less than 1 month!  I say this at every stage, but I am LOVING her age as she understands and repeats everything. The other day she was having her snack and the dogs were very close and interested as always.  I had told her earlier that day not to feed the dogs and looked over and asked if she was giving Mylie a cracker (I couldn't see but assumed she was).  Alexa yelled back, "no" and then 20seconds later I heard a "maybe".  I don't like that she feeds the dogs, but I'm glad she is honest. :) I imagine once she is 2 things will continue to get better!

 We have also been using the summer to learn more of her numbers and letters.  We have been singing the ABC song for awhile now and I recently got her the leap frog phonics magnets for the fridge, which sings the Alphabet song.  She loves singing ABCs, The Itsy Bitsy Spider,Row, Row, Row your boat and I love that in the middle of a tantrum she will usually stop to sing any of these songs.  So far...she is still pretty easy, but for those days when she is acting like  2 year old, I'm glad we have this little angel to snuggle.








No comments:

Post a Comment