The week went fairly slow, for being only 4 days, but Reagan did great at the sitters, and Alexa loved being back with her old friends, who all got so big!!! I am still nursing and made it over to Tara's every day to feed Reagan and drop off milk that I had pumped in the am at the office. I try and pump one other time in the afternoon and thus far I have avoided pumping at home, except for a couple mornings when I wake up and Reagan is still asleep with no signs of waking soon. Sleeping in the car on the way to the sitters, eating once in the morning, again at noon and then taking bottles in the afternoon at the sitters. She has been napping on our drive home and then eats between 5-6 (dinner) and again before bed between 8-9, going to sleep between 9-10. I usually try and “top her off” before she falls asleep.
| Reagan loving her 1st day at Tara's |
| Alexa and Mason playing with Emily and Ethan (look at those smiles!) |
As much as I don't want to be at work M-F, it is nice to get dressed in clothes that aren't jean shorts and tees, and have some adult interaction. The exciting news at work was that the cafeteria got a fro yo machine while I was away with toppings. It is AWESOME, and will be dangerous, I had it 50% of my time at work last week...I guess whatever it takes to get through the day.
We are slowly finding a routine, I have been as organized as I can be, making sure diaper bags, and bottles are packed the night before and planning my outfits as well as the girls in advance. It is nice to wear clothes I haven't worn in forever, although I wish I could fit into all my pants....last night I saw some major camel toe, which I hadn't seen in person until now. Hopefully Ill be fitting back into my size 2 and 4 pants soon, I had forgotten how small I was right before I got pregnant and how much shopping I was doing last fall. We are meal planning for the week on Sundays, and I am doing the grocery shopping accordingly. Lunches are packed the night before, or in the morning when I am making my coffee and pumping (if I need to do that). So far....so good.
| The car packed and loaded with 2 lunches, a breast pump, laptop bag and diaper bag for 2 |
Being back at work I have a renewed appreciation for the weekend, and need to maximize the time we have as a family. This past weekend was jam packed and so fun!! Friday after work I was EXHAUSTED and had cancelled our plans with friends, for a night to stay in and sleep, however, once 6:30 rolled around and I decided I didn’t want to sit around all evening, we got the kids ready and headed to the St Andrew festival in Upper Arlington. We met up with friends and had fun drinking beers, eating food and dancing to the band. The girls had a blast on the dance floor and Alexa was dragging me out to dance way past her bedtime.
Saturday morning we all slept in and then made our way to the Columbus Food Truck Festival. It was the perfect day for such a fun event, which had more live music, food and beer….what more could a family want!! We met up with more friends and enjoyed delish food, drinks and Alexa again loved dancing to the music.
Sunday was spent preparing for the week and enjoying the pool out back. I am really looking forward to the fall, when there are lots of festivals and fun things to do with the kids. Halloween is just around the corner and I need to find some costumes for the girls….I have NO IDEA what I want them to be….I'll have to ask Alexa if she knows what she wants to be and then plan Reagan's from that.
Finally, the best news for last....Alexa is potty trained! She has been in underwear for about 2 weeks now and has only had 3 accidents, all of which were our faults (school, sitter and Ian) for not getting to the potty in time. She tells us every time she has to go (and not go), as she is still pretty entertained by bathrooms, washing her hands and flushing. When we were training her, we would give her 1 M&M for a pee or poop on the potty, but once we had her in underwear that stopped. Sometimes after she goes she will ask for “candy”. The other day I told her we didn’t have any and her response was “buy some”. I was laughing so hard! Now, sometimes after she goes she says, “Candy…buy some”. She is too funny!!!
Tonight when I was leaving for the store and told she and Ian I would be right back she reminded me to "buy some candy". I love that she is speaking in (in)complete sentences and has such a good understanding of things. 2 is by far my favorite age! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment