Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Priorities

I know I posted about this years ago, when making the transition back to work when Alexa was about 3 months old.  When starting this blog, my premise was about “having it all”.  I remember posting about the things that improve my life and one of them was a cleaning lady.  Ours started when I was pregnant with Alexa.   Ian was traveling A LOT for his old job and I had horrible morning sickness that lasted until about 20 weeks.   So Theresa was our godsend and stayed with us for the last 3 years, until this past July.   We were her last house in Hilliard and she could no longer back the drive from Lewis Center twice a month for just us.

While I wanted to replace her immediately, Ian thought that we could save the money and do the cleaning ourselves.   Since July, I am ashamed to admit I have cleaned bathrooms/toilets maybe twice and Ian about the same, don’t worry- always before guests come over….but in 4 months, I know…that’s bad.  So we have been looking around for someone and I think we finally found her.  

This morning I called Ian on my way into the office to tell him about her, what she would charge us and that she starts next week.  That led into a conversation about traffic, daycare and moving Reagan to Tutor Time part time once she is about 18months (next month).  I discussed with him the cost, concern of cost and he reminded me that I am willing to pay $240/month to have someone clean our house, but that I am not willing to pay that extra money to send Reagan to part time “school”, to which I replied “Yes”.   To me, having someone come clean our house every other week is more important to me than the higher education of my daughter. There. I said it. Priorities. Shortcuts.  We all have them.  What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment