Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Essentials- Toddler Edition

As a follow up to my Fall Essentials yesterday, I was inspired to talk kids fashion!!  Just like myself, I love dressing Alexa in layers, which is perfect for Fall! 

 1.       Leggings/Jeggings/Tights
Solids, prints, stripes, jeans- anything goes!! L/jeggings work well for fall and into winter for babies. I like to put Alexa’s onsie OVER her pants for a different look. (Ian actually did this once when Lex was a baby and Alexa has been rocking the look ever since)!   Since most of Alexa’s shorts still fit her from summer (this and last!) I plan on having her well these well into the fall with tights and thinner leggings underneath!    

Alexa October 2011


2. Cardigans
Layering is also great for baby!  I always have a cardigan in Alexa’s diaper bag in case it is chilly at a restaurant or in the mall.  Something comfortable and neutral to match whatever baby is wearing.

3. Boots/flats/sneakers
Now that Alexa is off and running she should always be wearing shoes.  I recently purchased her TOMS (seen here) but they were too big!  I picked up a few different pairs of shoes from Old Navy.  They probably wont fit her for long, but they were cheap enough that if she needs some new pairs soon we can afford to get her some.

5. Hair accessory or Hat
If your baby doesnt have enough hair for a clip or a bow, hats are also great accessories for Fall! I  found these  at H&M for less than $10 each!  Gap also has cute hats at a slightly bigger pricetag.



These aren't making the list as a fall essential, but earlier today I was texting with a girlfriend that I don’t like when baby’s wear scarfs. I was picturing Maxwell Drew wearing, but not these!! OMG-I DIE!! Alexa might be seen sporting a scarf after all!





Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment