Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Essentials

This past weekend I de-cluttered my closet and I packed away some of my summer clothes that wont transition well into the fall.  While I didn’t purge much, one item that I did get rid of was a classic white button down.  This particular MUST HAVE was from Forever21 circa 2010 that has been cluttering my closet every since it appeared.   I have tried it on countless mornings only to take it off because of the cheap, awkward fit that only 21 can provide.  This shirt had to go and now I am on the lookout for a replacement. Check out my other Fall Must Have's below! 
 

1.       White Button down
This is essential and Ill be checking out JCrew, Express, Victoria Secret catalog and everywhere in between to find the perfect fit!  If you have a favorite white button down, please share with me where you got it. I need a shirt that can be worn alone, under dresses or blouses for fall and into winter. Layering is one of my favorite looks and PERFECT for the cooler days ahead.


2. Chambray shirt 
I picked up this favorite back in May and have been loving it ever since.

Chambray Shirt- JCrew

 
3. A GREAT pair of jeans 
Cleaning out my closet this weekend I only have 8  pairs of jeans!! I know that sounds like a lot but I'm down from 12 (lots of my ripped jeans have ripped far too much).  I have owned and loved  7 for all Mankind, Rock and Republic, Citizen of Humanity, Joe's Jeans and True Religion. But  now I'm on the lookout for my new favorite pair. I'm looking for something versatile to wear out for a nice dinner, to work on casual Friday, or to throw on with a sweatshirt for grocery shopping.   What is your favorite brand?

 
4. Booties
LOVE, Love LOVE these Toms- the hardest part is decide which color to get!


 
5. Leather

Leather is EVERYWHERE and this skirt is a must have with both leather and knit materials.


Limited

5 comments:

  1. I love this post, Kristen and I will refer to it for myself (maybe not the leather, though)! I am usually stuck in my fall momiform which consists of some sort of nursing top (given that I am about to have a baby any day now), one of my several ratty cardigans, jeans, and boots. And, Rob recently told me that he doesn't like cardigans! I wear them almost daily! eek! I fit best in citizen jeans. Oh I hope I am out of maternity jeans by the time you visit (but, probably not).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly- it was fun to write!

      I think that buttondowns would work well for nursing, pretty much anything goes as long as you have a nursing tank as your 1st layer. Once I was back at work and still pumping I was always whipping off a shirt or pulling down my dress. Its a small hassle, but anything for fashion! :) I have some tops that I were- not nursing but the fit made it easier than having to take something off- Ill pack them for our visit next month and you can see if you want to borrow.

      Delete
    2. PS- who doesnt like cardigans????? :)

      Delete
    3. He's a weirdo, what can I say!?

      Delete
  2. "several ratty cardigans"....holly, that is me at work everyday! I realized this week I need to get rid of a few cardis that I have been wearing my entire teaching career, which is much longer already than I feel it should be! Great post kris, love those toms!

    ReplyDelete