Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random Wednesday

I need to start off today's blog with some exciting news....Alexa is CRAWLING! :)  She has been scooting, rolling and trying to crawl for a few weeks now, but last night when I picked her up Tara told me she was crawling all over the place.  We put her down and I didn’t see any crawling, but once we were home, before bath time, Ian and I were playing with her up in her room and sure enough, she was crawling!!! :) I even saw her crawl some this morning. She still scoots, and goes on her belly at times, but I am comfortable saying that she is crawling!  Of course every time I try and get video she stops and sits, but I should be able to get some this weekend, I think she needs a few days and she will be ALL OVER the place!! :)

I have been having more back pain than usual and decided one morning while walking into work and my back was throbbing that all of this extra weight I carry around was the culprit.  Last night I weighed it....19.2 lbs!! This is my purse (6.2), my laptop bag (5.2) and my carryall (7.8) which contains my pump bag, water bottle and lunch bag.  Add heels (not everyday) and a sometimes mile walk (from the overflow parking lot) and its no wonder my back aches every night when I am laying in bed.  Thankfully, I became a proud member of massage envy 16 months ago, when Ian got me a massage for Sweetest Day.  That 60 minutes was so relaxing, I decided I needed to experience such a thing monthly, so monthly massages became part of my life and it’s a good thing, because a short time later I found out we were expecting and I would really them.

My final thought is that in 1 month or less, I will be an AUNT! My brother Nick and SIL Amanda are expecting a little girl on March 20th!  I am beyond excited to meet my niece! I can’t wait to have a new tiny baby around, to see them become parents and for Alexa to have a cousin.  I was talking to Amanda about the end of pregnancy the other day and couldn’t remember everything from my final weeks. Last night I was reading my pregnancy journal and it brought back so many emotions!  Reading about my final 4 weeks of weekly appointments- being dilated to 3cm at week 38 and still not in labor- How that is possible?! And wondering every day if THIS would be the day we would meet our baby!  I am so excited for all they are about to experience with labor and delivery and then bringing home your tiny baby and having NO clue what you are doing or how much better your life will become.  It’s all part of an experience that is 100x better than I could have ever imagined!  :)

Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to add that while you are juggling all of that stuff, walking that mile in to work, generally in the cold, rainy, or windy weather this season, you are usually also carrying on a phone convo too! It makes me giggle to think of the sight of this :) Miss you, friend. Hopefully my life will be back to normal soon and I can talk to/see you more often again.

    ReplyDelete