Sunday, April 21, 2013

Life Lately

First off, holy S*IT we only have 5 1/2 weeks until this new baby will be here! I CANNOT believe how FAST these last weeks have gone by...I knew this 2nd pregnancy was going quickly but it will be May next week, the busiest month for us every year with our anniversary, my mom's birthday, my birthday and Mother's day and this year we will be adding the birth of a new baby!  I just can't believe the end is THIS close!   Which means, we should probably start doing something to prepare for this little one. :)

First off,  we decided to refinance last month and I told Ian that with that decision, I wanted to make some changes to the house, since we would be staying here for a few more years.   My first plan was to redo the kitchen, add a back splash, counter tops and maybe some fresh paint, but after looking at costs, we knew we would never get back what we would need to put into it and I wasn't willing to spend thousands of dollars with the new baby coming.  Therefore I bought a few new accessories to add here and there and one day found THIS on Pinterest and sent it to Ian (on a Thursday) seeing if this was something he thought we could do and by Sunday night we had this

I am OBSESSED and so proud of Ian.  He did an amazing job, all by himself in less than 48 hours!  I'll be working on a post with step by step instructions and links to everything we have purchased to decorate once it is completely finished.  We have ordered lights, shades and curtains and plan to have those up this week. We are planning to spend A LOT of time at home this summer and I wanted a place where Ian and I could unwind with drinks once the kids are asleep.  This will be PERFECT! I cannot wait to entertain family and friends.  I need to start pinning new recipes on Pinterest for a summer of backyard fun!

This week I am FINALLY going to start getting ready for baby.  I need to go through Alexa's baby stuff, throw away or donate anything that I wont want to use for another girl and start doing laundry. I started tonight with the clothes I am packing in the baby's bag as well as all of Alexa's big sister tees... I think she is set. :)



I am SO excited for her to be a big sister and I know she is ready.  She LOVES babies and helping me with anything, she follows directions very well. 

We are starting her at Tutor Time May 1st  and she will be going there 2days a week. I am excited for her and hope its an easy transition.  She also started in gymnastics 2 weeks ago and seems to really like it.  Its funny because I think the teachers take it very seriously, but I know that at 1.5 she really probably doesn't know what is going on.  She likes to jump on the trampoline and go through the obstacle courses and she loves singing the songs at the beginning of each class, but she also likes to run off and see what the other classes are doing. :)






This last week of April will be very busy as I have lots of appointments and I start my weekly doctor's appointments, which will really speed things up.  I am anxious to see what the doctor says because this past weekend  I think the baby has dropped and I am starting to get that "feeling" in my pelvis...I may or may not be starting to "waddle".

I hope everyone has a great week! 

Bye Bye!








No comments:

Post a Comment