Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getting Organized

I only have 12 more days at home with my kids till I have to head back to work and for the past week or 2 I have been agonizing over how I am going to do it! This summer has been awesome, sleeping in and doing fun things with my kids on our own time.  There is only a handful of times that we have had to be somewhere at a certain time and thinking back those few mornings were pure chaos! I have got to figure out a way to have a smooth morning, where everyone leaves the house happy to ensure our days are starting off on the right foot. I have decided the ONLY way I am going to keep my sanity and the sanity of those around me (Ian) is to be organized!!

I have been scouring the Internet for tips from other working moms and most of the things I have found I already plan to do.  Lunches and bottles will need to be packed and ready in the fridge the night before to easily grab on the way out the door.  Clothes for me and the girls will be laid out the night before and diaper bags/work bags packed and by the door ready to go.

I have changed my hours to 7:30-4:30 from 9-5 in hopes of avoiding terrible traffic and spending more time at home with my kids and less time in the car. I really hope this is a smart decision, but thankfully the flexibility at work will allow this to change if it isn't working for me.  My main objective is to avoid time in the car, so figuring out the best way to do that may take some practice. 

 I am considering a grocery delivery service like Green Bean Delivery.  By having produce, dairy and meat delivered I will save time and gas going to the grocery and be able to meal plan.

Does anyone else have any other tips/tricks to being successful at home while working full time outside of the house? I need all the help I can get....so far going from 1 to 2 kids has been super easy, but adding a full time job to the mix is going to be the real challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment