Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy July

Its the week of the 4th and the summer is in full swing.

We have lots of different plans for the week with friends, which makes it the perfect time to make and share all sorts of festive treats so Ian and I don't eat them all.

Yesterday I made a practice round of chocolate covered pretzel sticks and plan to make more to take to our hosts for the parties we are attending this week/weekend.  I melted chocolate and then covered the chocolate in festive sprinkles and coconut...so easy and delish!


Saturday we are heading up to a friends lake house which is the perfect excuse to make these Smores bars I found on Pinterest about a month ago.   Don't they look amazing!?!



Yesterday,  we took the girls to Comfest, a community festival Columbus has every year.  In the past Ian and I have gone on a Friday or Saturday night, where we would drink too much and be worthless the next day.  Our experience this year was different, heading out during the day on Sunday. Comfest during the day was very fun, we ate pizza, walked around and Alexa had her 1st snow cone.   It was a much different experience from years past, and I loved it. We all had a great time!

Look at that face!  She was SO excited. 




No comments:

Post a Comment