Monday, March 26, 2012

Still Waiting...

The weekend has come and gone and my SIL, Amanda is STILL pregnant!!   I am bummed I didn’t take any pictures this weekend.  We had Alexa tapping on Amanda’s belly telling her cousin to join the party and the next day Alexa was sitting on her cousin. She obviously wasn’t amused as she didn’t care enough to meet us.   I took Amanda for a pedicure on Friday afternoon and when I told the guy doing her toes that she was 4 days late, he acted like she was about to give birth right then and there....we WISH! :)  Tomorrow she will be 1 week past due and I think I am more anxious than she is. I know the love and joy she is about to experience and I am SO excited for her (them)!!! 

Below I am posting Alexa's birth story....a trip down memory lane.  Reading this made me cry, it feels like just yesterday!!!  Enjoy!!

July 13- week 39/40
Tomorrow is your due date! We have been keeping busy, Ian decided now would be a good time to finish our master bath since he is off work. He tore up the old flooring and started to lay tile. Sunday i thought my water broke but wasn't having contractions. So, we went to Kroger for some essentials and then a movie. Since i had been told you could get an infection if your water breaks and you don't see a dr- we went to Riverside around 8pm. Turns out my water didn't break so they sent us on our way. Monday we ran errands and I took a long nap. Tuesday am was my dr appointment, I was 3.5cm dilated and he talked about inducing me 1 week from my due date if you aren't here. Later that day we went bowling and then to buy the tile. While Ian was working I napped and after dinner when he got back to the bathroom I went on a walk. About 2 hours later (10pm) I started having contractions. They were about 3 mins apart when we started timing around midnight and some were painful but never unbearable. I was peeing a lot and having lots of  bloody discharge...I thought for sure you were on your way! I got up and started to pick up around the house, my contractions slowed down and still lasted till around 3am but I never went into labor! This morning we had dentists appointments and were told to eat spicy food so as soon as Ian finishes the tile trim we are going to el vaquero for lunch! I've been having more contractions today, hopefully some spicy food is the push you need! We are SO anxious to meet you and want you to know we are waiting with open arms to hug and kiss you!

July 15-40 weeks 1 day
Today will be your birthday!! We came to L&D at 3am on your due date bc my contractions were so painful. I was 3.5cm dilated, they had me walk for an hour and check me again but there was no change. They gave me some sleeping pills and sent us home. We were so bummed but knew you were on your way! I slept great from about 6-12 and then laid in bed all day. I had contractions off and on (at times consistent) and definitely painful! We ate dinner around 6, I showered around 8 and we headed back to labor and delivery. The nurse took my blood pressure, temperature and hooked me up to the monitors. After a few minutes she came back to check my cervix. Right away she said I was a good 4 cm, let's get you admitted and started with an epidural! I couldn't believe my ears, ian and I both started crying tears of joy! Within 1 hour we were in our room 3203 and I'd gotten the epidural! We've been watching a 70s show marathon, texting, playing solitaire
( me) and angry birds (Ian) and now scrabble. It's 2:20 am, I'm about 7-8cm dilated just waiting to get to 10! My parents just got here and we will wait for you. I can't believe this is it and we will meet you later today! We love you sweet baby girl, I'm praying for a safe, quick entry for you!

labor part 2
I started pushing around 4:15 or so. The whole experience was so surreal. It was just Ian, the nurse Anne and I. She had me start pushing and I could feel you making your way down the birth canal. I don't have too much to say about the whole thing bc it happened so fast, and there isn't too much to tell. It was much quieter and peaceful than I thought. Ian was SO quiet, didn't say much at all (we only talked during my breaks and I would just ask how I was doing, if she would be here soon and the like). Dr rheudrick came in around 5 and prepped and coached me till it was time for you to really come. I pushed for a total of 90mins, but intense pushing for maybe 2 or 3 contractions. I could feel you come out and it was amazing! You had so much hair and cried for just a sec or 2 then stopped. He said you were good and prepped the cord for Ian to cut. You weighed 6lbs, 8oz and 19.5inches long. After they wiped you down and handed you to me I was hooked!   You are PERFECT....so sweet and immediately wanted to eat. :)









Amanda and Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment