Before I give an update on how I am doing with weaning from my breast pump, I have to give an update on my niece that we are STILL waiting for. I feel bad for my SIL Amanda, not only is she beyond anxious to meet the little peanut she has been carrying in her belly for 40 weeks 2 days, but she has been dealing with the record high heat for the past few days at over 40 weeks pregnant. My fingers are crossed for her to have this baby soon!
My work schedule this week was busy, lending me the perfect opportunity to try and wean from 2 pumps a day at work down to 1. All week I have been nursing Alexa in the am, pumping at work in the afternoon and then nursing Alexa before I put her down for bed. I'm pumping for a 2nd time before I go to bed between 9 and 10pm. So far, it is going great! I am still getting as much milk, if not more when I pump and Alexa has still been nursing. My ultimate goal is to eliminate pumping all together. Once I am no longer pumping, Alexa will have formula and stored breast milk during the day, and breast milk at night and in the morning. I have noticed that as she is eating more solid foods she isn't drinking as much, so I think this will be a great transition into some changes that she will make in just 4 short months when she turns 1!
Andrea and I are off to the midnight showing of Hunger Games!!
May the odds be ever in your favor.
No comments:
Post a Comment