Today, May 23, 2012 is our 3rd year wedding anniversary!! I feel like I should say that I cannot believe it has been 3 years, but I think 3 years seems fair- not to say they haven't been the BEST 3 years of my life- with this last year topping the list! It seems like every year life gets better and better! On our first anniversary we started the tradition of creating a list of "goals" on a napkin at our anniversay dinner, for our next year of marriage. Some of them funny( NO KIDS- I ended up getting pregnant only 5 months later), some repeats (save money, travel internationally, complete a project on the house) some of them are ALL Ian (Kristen to try harder at snowboarding) and some of them personal. I must say, it was a great tradition to start. It is a way for us to reflect on the year that is past and also look forward to the future. Each year we frame the napkin and hang it on our bedroom wall. We have talked about how in our house 50 years from now we will showcase our napkins from all of our past anniversaries and read about the story of "us". I cant wait to see what how those goals will change through the years.
We are both already looking forward to creating our list tonight at dinner and spending some time together reflecting on our life as lovers. Okay, enough mushiness! Here are some some pictures (I'm warning you, there are a lot) of our journey these past 3 years!
Our Wedding Day
2009
2010
2011
I had to stop with the pictures at the end of 2012 because a. this post had already taken way too much time b. my blog started in January and has lots of pictures from our vacations and holidays together thus far. In short, these past 3 years have been nothing short of amazing! I am so thankful that I have the BEST husband in my world! Ian, you love me me unconditionally, accept me for the crazy girl I am and can be (at times) and make me laugh! I am looking forward to many more years together! I love you!!
So sweet And a great look back through the past three years :) Hope you guys have a great time celebrating!
ReplyDelete