What an amazing weekend and 1st official Mother's Day!! It all started on Friday night when I had wine/apps with a couple of mom friends at the Wine Bistro in Upper Arlington. It was so fun to get away with other moms and talk about our kids, breastfeeding, saving money and life. It is always fun to hear how other moms manage their hectic lives and of course its great that we all have wonderful husbands that allow us for these fun nights out. Ian had told me all week that "Moms weekend" was coming up, therefore I had been planning this night all week. That night when I got home there were flowers all over the house and a pair of the Mother's Day TOMS I had hinted to Ian would be nice. My Mother's Day was already in FULL swing!
Saturday morning I went and had an hour long massage and then ran some errands. That day we did yard work, exactly what I had wanted to do and I'm so glad the weather cooperated. We finally got our front yard (and back) looking presentable! Being pregnant last summer and with Ian's work schedule this year our lawn and landscape were VERY neglected! Ian mowed, and we, (Ian) trimmed everything in the front and planted mulch. I pulled weeds and cleaned out all the dead stuff- it looks awesome! That evening we headed to Powell so Ian could help some friends take out an old dishwasher and we cooked out with friends and their kids. It was a great ending to a great day!
This morning I slept in till 9:45 and Alexa slept till 10!! Ian and Alexa went to Panera and got my favorite breakfast, the Asiago Bagel Breakfast sandwich, and mimosas! After breakfast we played and caught up on DVR,( last nights SNL and Thursdays Parks and Rec were HILARIOUS!!) I'm not sure where the day went, maybe because I had had 5 mimosas, but before I knew it it was 2pm and I was ready for a nap. After a nap (something I haven't done during the day since maternity leave) we headed to Mellow Mushroom for dinner. We had pizza, drinks and entertainment provided by Alexa. She LOVED waving at everyone and dancing in her highchair...she is turning into even MORE of a ham...if you can believe it! We stopped for coffee on the way home which was perfect. It was truly the BEST day with my favorite things and my favorie people in the world and I didnt change a single diaper! I wish everyday was Mothers day...but then again- it kinda feels like already is! I hope everyone had an amazing day with their families!
Happy Mother's Day to my AMAZING mom!!! I am looking forward to seeing you later this week! :)
| Alexa wishes she was having what we were having |
| LOVE her |
| "Hi" |
| Helping herself |
| Dancing baby |
| Mother's Day 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment