Since finding out I was pregnant (at 3.5 weeks!) we have been very anxious for confirmation that everything with my pregnancy is on track. It has been very different the 2nd time around. While pregnant with Alexa I read many books, was constantly surfing the net and birth club reading about symptoms, doctor's appointments, and was VERY lazy- taking care of myself 110%! I remember going into work late (almost daily) leaving work early to lounge on the couch until I would finally make my way to bed at 9pm. Those lazy pregnancy days are over when there is a toddler to drop off and pick up from the sitter, feed meals, entertain and be responsible for! I must give Ian HUGE Thank you! He has been amazing, picking up around the house, usually completing meal time and clean up on his own and then continuing the bath/bed routine. He has been so wonderful!! And, there is a positive to being so busy while growing another little baby in my belly, things seem to be moving right along, and rather quickly.
I had my 1st appointment- for blood work at 5 weeks and then 3 weeks later was my scheduled 1st ultrasound, which was Thursday. I was VERY nervous. I don't know why I was so scared, but I really thought I was going to throw up when I was leaving work to get Alexa and head to my appointment. We have been SO excited since we found out I was pregnant, I wanted to make sure everything with the baby was okay and that there was only 1 baby in my belly! I have had a fear of having twins as I know how much work they are and am not up for the challenge! I think the fear started when I was pregnant with Alexa and we saw a psychic in Florida. She told me she saw 2 boys in my future....and when we told her I was pregnant with 1 girl, I instantly saw twin boys in my next pregnancy! I also had a "feeling" that since we have been talking about the preference of another little girl (more on that later) that our luck would be to have 2 little boys. However, our fears were put to rest yesterday, when the ultrasound confirmed 1 baby with 1 heartbeat. It was an amazing, beautiful sight! I don't think anything can be more exciting, then that 1st look at the little baby on the ultrasound moving around with a little flicker (the heartbeat). The baby was very active and my doctor even made a comment about how much they were moving. The ultrasound pics are a little blurry..not sure if that is why or not.
How far along are you? 8w3d
How big is Baby? The size of a kidney bean- with webbed fingers and toes!
Weight Gain? still down 1lb from my start weight
Gender Prediction? not sure
Maternity Clothes? not yet, but I need to find them! I found a small storage container with some tops and pants, but I know I have a larger tub with maternity shirts and some dresses. I am starting to worry they were accidentally donated! :(
Stretch Marks? no
Sleep? Still pretty normal
Symptoms? no new ones- although my sense of taste is all off! My normal favorite foods aren't good to me and Ive been eating/wanting things I only eat when pregnant
Movement? the doctor told me yesterday that I am NOT feeling the baby...but what does he know- he has NEVER been pregnant and never will be! I know what I felt...tiny baby stretching :)
Food Cravings? chocolate milk, ice cream, chips- any and all junk food!
What I miss? this week- nothing from pre-pregnancy
What I am looking forward to? another weekend with Ian around...it hasn't gotten old yet! :)
Best moment of the week? seeing baby on the ultrasound
No comments:
Post a Comment