I have mixed feelings about an errand I had to run earlier today, which was to return my new leather skirts and a pair of black pants, sizes 6 and 4. I will make no attempt to squeeze a growing baby bump into a leather pencil skirt. My FALL Essentials post will now come full circle to include a Fall Essentials Pregnancy Edition…which is something I am VERY excited about!!! I was also in a Pea in the Pod last week (I’ll admit I walked through on my way to Forever 21, since I was utilizing the Expectant Mothers Parking) and was very excited to see SO many cute maternity clothes! I was only pregnant 2 years ago and the stuff I saw was MUCH cuter than I remembered. Jessica Simpson has a line as well as some other popular brands I noticed. Since last time I found out I was pregnant in November, I don’t need a lot of new things but am excited to splurge on a few essentials- especially since I have an “extra” $85 to spend!
1. Leggings/Tights
I will be joining Alexa and sporting leggings and tights this Fall and am actually pretty excited about a great excuse to be comfortable for the next 7 months. Today I wore a pair of footless tights my mom had bought me for pregnancy round 1. They were a one size fits all and Ill admit I’ve worn them when not pregnant because of the comfort and the fact that they are footless. I’ll be stocking up on more of these for fall/winter.
2. Great pair of jeans
I have a pair of designer jeans from last time, I believe they are Citizens, and might want to invest in another pair this time around, since I am sure I will be showing much sooner and am finding out earlier in the season. I remember last time wanting to wear my “normal” clothes for as long as I can. This time I am SO excited, to unpack all of my M clothes and be 100% comfortable! I have sworn to Ian already a few times that I have a “bump” which I know is impossible, but I feel so bloated! I haven’t gained any weight since I found out but I DEF think my belly looks bigger, which if it was “fat” wouldn’t the scale be telling me that???
3. Tees (for layering)
LOVE this top but at $185 I’ll be waiting till it goes on sale.
This one we can afford at a non-sale price.
4. Boots
I am STILL loving the TOMS! J
5. Belts
I loved showcasing my bump with a belt last time and plan to do the same thing this time around. My Isabella Oliver belt will be making its debut soon, but I KNOW I did not spend $99 on a belt…or did I??? Good thing I can’t remember!
I plan on keeping a healthy glow throughout this pregnancy just like I did with my last, by using tan towels. These are the BEST sunless tanners and are SO easy to apply and remain streak-free. I have used both the fair-medium and medium-dark. The Medium-dark come in a bigger towel, which covers more area when applying. I use these on my face, arms, chest, neck, back and legs...for the perfect sun kissed glow year round! Heading into fall and being pregnant- these are a GREAT pick me up to make me feel pretty while bloated, with bags under my eyes and a face full of zits.





Sooo excited for you, K! You make me wanna be pregnant again! Oh, wait, I was just pregnant a whole month ago! :-) My pregnancy staple was definitely my maternity swimsuit- but you won't be seeing any photos of me in it! :-) So happy for you and Ian!
ReplyDelete