Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shower, Brownie Sundae and 7pm Bed

I would be happy if  one or both of these things were in my immediate future.  These last two days have been exhausting. It all started Wed sometime after midnight.  Alexa was up throughout the night and I couldn't find the thermometer but I assumed she had a fever.  Since she had her 15month appointment later that day, I planned to have the doctor take a look and see what was going on.  She didn't have a fever in the am, but still had a runny nose which she has had for the past few days.  I have been sick myself with a head cold  (since Sunday) and assumed she was getting the same thing.  I texted Tara (her sitter) that morning before her appointment letting her know that I would probably be keeping Alexa home that day. Since I had gotten up early with a sick baby, that morning didn't leave much time for a shower, so I got dressed, washed my face and applied minimal makeup- thinking id be running into my office to grab my laptop with plans to work from home. 

At the doctor, Alexa was 19lbs, 31.5 inches and perfectly healthy!  Her ears looked clear, her lungs and chest sounded clear. The doctor said that her bottom molar would probably come through that night and her gums were swollen where her fang teeth would be popping through any day.  She may have/be getting what was going around but with no fever she was good to go to the sitter.  After shots (Alexa was VERY brave) she headed to Tara's and I headed into the office sans shower....lovely. 

Around 4:15 I got a text from Tara that Alexa felt a little warm and was pretty fussy.  Tara said I didn't need to leave work, that she thought it was maybe from the shots and just wanted to let me know. About 20mins later I got a text that she had a fever of 101.  Poor baby, I ended up leaving work to go and get her. She was very warm and needy.  When we got home I gave her some Advil, she ate dinner and seemed fine.  She went to bed easy that night and was quiet throughout the night. I woke up around 1 for some reason and checked the monitor.  She was quiet, but awake laying in bed for about the next hour. She would fuss for .5seconds and be quiet again. I REALLY wanted to go up and see if she had a fever, but I didn't want to risk getting her all worked up, she was quiet and seemed fine. 

This morning Ian and I both went up to get her because we could see on the monitor a GIANT wet spot on her sheets.  I knew one of us would need to change the bed and someone would need to get her dressed.  She had a fever of 101 and had peed out her diaper.  After getting her into some dry jammies I ran to the store to get a few things for our sick day at home.  I was planning and tried to work while taking care of Alexa but that proved impossible.  A sick, teething baby is VERY hard to take care of while working.  I have never seen Alexa so needy/fussy wanting up one minute, down the next.  Usually when she is sick she likes to cuddle and lay low, poor girl didn't know what she wanted!  She hasn't napped for more than an hour all day and  I have changed her shirt 5 times because of all the drool and wiped her nose probably close to 50x!  She also has a cough that I'm watching closely in hopes that it doesn't turn into croup or something worse.

Needless to say,  I am counting down the minutes until my relief (in the form of Ian) is here after his day at work.  Being sick with a head cold myself I am SO ready to shower, and relax!   I hope that Alexa wakes up tomorrow feeling better and that she sleeps well tonight.

I hope everyone reading had a much better day then we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment