Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Kelly Family

is GROWING!!! =)

Who knew I was pregnant when I posted this?  I sure didn't but was THRILLED to learn on Sept 16th that we were expecting our 2nd baby.  I have started prenatals and am trying to get all the sleep I can,  pregnancy with a toddler is NO JOKE!!  I am feeling pretty good beyond the standard tired, and occasional nausea.  We are beyond excited and today had the 1st ultrasound!  Little baby has a heartbeat!!  Ill be posting about the appointment and the pictures shortly.  For now you can enjoy the weekly surveys (I started at week 4) and have been keeping private for the past month! 

  ENJOY!
4 Weeks

How far along are you? 4w3d
How big is Baby? TINY
Total Weight Gain/loss? none
Gender Prediction? another girl 
Maternity Clothes? not yet, but I got out my bigger sized work pants- I am very bloated
Stretch Marks? none
Sleep? I have been having trouble staying asleep, but slept AMAZINGLY in Florida this past weekend 
Symptoms? exhausted, crampy, tired, blah
Movement? none
Food Cravings? no cravings, but eating some delicious foods, like a burger king jr whopper. It was amazing...I wish I was kidding!
Mood? happy
What I miss? not falling asleep at my desk at 2pm
What I am looking forward to? Sharing our news!
Best moment of the week? Spending time with friends in Florida and seeing Alexa after the long weekend away

5 Weeks

This past weekend we were in Stow for a friend of Ian's weddings. We had a great time seeing his friends we hadn't seen in awhile and telling Ian's parents that another grand baby was on the way!

We also told all of Ian's friends at the wedding when within 5 mins of being at the bar and someone wanted to buy me a beer I declined. Why would I NOT be drinking at a wedding kid less? The cat was out of the bag immediately and I have mixed feelings about that. I am only 5 weeks and haven't even been to the doctor yet, but we were sharing our news left and right like I was having a baby in 5 months! I am hopefully that everything will be fine but felt a little silly when I am pretty sure another guest at our table is also pregnant. Is she further along then I am, listening to everyone tell us Congratulations (including herself) all the while thinking "I'm further along than you and not even sharing our news!) Oh well, this is our 2nd and I just have to remember God is in control and hopeful that everything will be perfect this time, just as it was the last.


How far along are you? 5w5d
How big is Baby? tadpole?
Weight Gain? none
Gender Prediction? not sure
Maternity Clothes? nope
Stretch Marks? nope
Sleep? still great
Symptoms? VERY tired, moody, irritable, hungry, feeling hungover without enjoying the cocktails the night before
Movement? nope
Food Cravings? none
What I miss? a beer or wine at dinner
What I am looking forward to? I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow

6 Weeks

Yesterday we took Alexa to the Kids Linked Harvest Festival. We listened to the Shazbots, Alexa got to pick out a pumpkin and she went fishing with daddy. We had a really good time, but could have used an extra layer of clothing...it was cold!!








How far along are you? 6w5d
How big is Baby? size of a lentil bean
Weight Gain? none
Gender Prediction? last night I dreamed baby was a boy
Maternity Clothes? none yet, but my pants are getting snug and need unbutton throughout the day. Usually after I eat
Stretch Marks? nope
Sleep? mostly still going well
Symptoms? no new ones
Movement? I know this sounds crazy, but I swear I felt the baby move this week! I was talking to a coworker and all of a sudden I felt that tummy drop, baby movement. It was fast, and light but I felt it! It caught me by surprise and took my breath away. I am pretty sure this is impossible as the baby doesn't even have limbs yet, but I distinctly remember how the movements felt from last time and I am 99.9% sure of what I felt. I am anxious to ask the doctor at my appointment next week
Food Cravings? None really, but our fridge is stocked with things that while I am shopping I want to eat but a day or 2 later I no longer want them and the food is wasted. I remember this from my first pregnancy and it is REALLY annoying!
What I miss? tailgating and beers...GO BUCKS!
What I am looking forward to? Seeing friends and meeting their new baby in Denver this week
Best moment of the week? Ian agreeing to keep the baby's sex a surprise!

7 Weeks
 
How far along are you? 7w5d
How big is Baby? blueberry
Weight Gain? -2 (due to the flu)
Gender Prediction? another girl
Maternity Clothes? nope
Stretch Marks? no
Sleep? I'm sleeping great- Ian let me sleep in till after 10 this morning!
Symptoms? I had the flu this week which didn't help, but I felt very nauseous on Friday and took a Zofran. I didn't notice anything but woke up Saturday feeling amazing...I'm wondering if it has a delayed effect
Movement? I know this sound crazy but I swear I felt the baby move again this morning. I am going to ask the dr this week at my ultrasound if its possible
Food Cravings? fountain coke
What I miss? nothing- I really don't even FEEL pregnant...its weird, sometimes I forget there's a little baby in my belly :)
What I am looking forward to? 8 week ultrasound on Thursday
Best moment of the week? Ian got a new JOB!!!! :)



2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! Alexa will love being a big sister. Now one of these days we really need a play date.... ;)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen- we are ecstatic!!! Yes- we need a playdate soon!

      Delete