Sunday, December 30, 2012

4 Christmases

I cannot believe Christmas was only 5 days ago- if feels like its been weeks!! We had a great time with Ian's family in Stow the weekend before Christmas and fun with my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was nice not having to travel on Christmas day- we stayed in our jammies all day at my parents and had a delicious Christmas dinner.
I attempted a picture of Alexa with the dogs on Christmas Eve- I was not successful, but she sure was cute!




Christmas Eve family picture and the ONLY picture we got as a family the entire weekend!


We had our family Christmas at our house Saturday morning before heading to Stow.  Alexa was SO cute...we got her a chair and a giant Minnie Mouse doll. She was so confused because when she went to bed her gifts weren't there, but when she woke up they were right there by the tree...she was very excited!





All weekend Alexa had so much fun opening her gifts (and everyone elses).   We didn't get any pictures at Ian's dads and the few pictures I got at Ian's moms are below.




Growing up we were always traveling to my aunts (mom's sister) on Christmas Eve and my grandparents (dads parents) on Christmas Day in Indiana.  We would do Santa at home and there was always something magical about the long drive back and seeing that Santa had not forgotten us but had been at our house too!  I have been thinking about about how we will do Santa with our family.  Being the only ones in Columbus with family in Dayton, Stow and Kent we will probably always have to be traveling.  Alexa is still too young to understand Santa but as she gets older how will we explain that Santa came to our house early?  We will probably have to start doing Christmas at our house once we all get home, which I am okay with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment