This post is a few days old but I am STILL recovering from Thanksgiving. This pregnancy and 2nd baby are kicking my A$$ and all I ever want to do is sleep! I will be SO THANKFUL when my 2nd trimester energy kicks in! I will 14 weeks on Tuesday and I know some people count 12 weeks, (my doctor does) but others (me) could 14 weeks. With Alexa I was sick till about week 16/17 and have been expecting the same as these pregnancies are VERY similar. Enough about pregnancy...we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with both of our families. I didn't take a lot of pictures, and they were all on my phone, but here are the ones I have.
| Alexa loved helping me clean |
I only got 2 pictures of the tables...I was too busy hosting! But I had burlap cut to the size of my 2 tables and then bought small jars and filled them with some fake fall stems that were 60% off at Michaels. I also had some small glitter pumpkins (for the $1 section at Michaels) and votives- which I forgot to light. Oh well, I loved how it turned out and it was very inexpensive!
Alexa proudly wore the turkey shirt I made her all day! (please ignore her floods- I got her new jeggings THIS week) Here are some pictures of her and her cousin Olivia. After dinner Alexa LOVED sitting in Olivia's highchair and did not want to get out!
That is pretty much it for the pictures for Thanksgiving. There are no group shots, or a family picture, none of the guys frying the turkeys, or all of our food. Hosting was a LOT more work than I expected, especially being 13 weeks pregnant and if I had a spare moment I spent it on the couch. I'm thinking next year we will show up with some wine, a side dish and our 2 kids in tow at my moms- or wherever to eat dinner, drink wine, help with dishes and then take off for our own home which will still be in tact! :)
That is pretty much it for the pictures for Thanksgiving. There are no group shots, or a family picture, none of the guys frying the turkeys, or all of our food. Hosting was a LOT more work than I expected, especially being 13 weeks pregnant and if I had a spare moment I spent it on the couch. I'm thinking next year we will show up with some wine, a side dish and our 2 kids in tow at my moms- or wherever to eat dinner, drink wine, help with dishes and then take off for our own home which will still be in tact! :)
These pictures are from Friday and Saturday. Ian and I were STILL recovering and let Alexa do pretty much whatever she wanted- as you can see. She made huge messes in the kitchen and family room while Ian and I were pretty much comatose on the couch. Saturday my mom came up and she and I did some shopping- it was a lot of fun to spend time together and get some great deals! Sunday Ian and I met my HS friends at Young's Dairy for breakfast. There were 8 adults and 7 kids...we are not outnumbered....YET.
| Autumn, Lucy, Lorelei, Abigail, Alexa Charlotte and James |
I think there is a better picture of Alexa looking but this post has already taken me WAY longer than I wanted it to and I don't feel like scrolling through my phone to find it. :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (just 2 weeks late) and is ready for the Holidays! Even though we don't have a tree or a SINGLE Christmas decoration in site at our house, I am off today to my 1st Holiday event of the season, a baking/cookie exchange!
HO HO HO!
No comments:
Post a Comment