It’s been a running joke these past few months that my parents have burned my baby book. I know I have or at least had one, I’ve looked through it many times, but not since having Alexa has it made an appearance. When Alexa was younger and I would complain that she wasn’t STTN or whine after she had STTN for a few weeks, and then regressed, my mom would remind me that I didn’t sleep through the night for the entire first year! My parents also like to tell me that Alexa gets her petite frame from me, the fact that she is in 6 months, some 3-6months and even 3 month pants at 9.5 months, is according to my mom, “just like her mama”, or reminds me that that is just like I was. My retort back is always “well maybe if I had my baby book so I could take a look and see what size I was wearing at her age, and how much I weighed at 3 months, 6months, 9 months, etc, I would believe you". "It sure would be nice to see how much Alexa takes after me at this age or that age". Ugh, I'm sure you can imagine how these lovely conversations go, and I am sure it will go back and forth like this until; 1. I see the baby book or 2. Alexa turns 1, because it is at this point that my guess is the baby book would be complete- if not much sooner! Although, I can’t see myself letting this go until I see the “baby book”! :0)
I guess I shouldn’t give my mom too hard of a time, I opened up Alexa’s book to give a few updates, and realized I am a few months behind myself- oops! It’s hard to keep track of all of all those milestones in a book, in addition to my blog and Facebook. At the end of the day, once Alexa is a sleeping beauty, I have eaten dinner, finished the dishes, picked up her toys (its amazing what a mess this little girl can make), packed her bag for the next day, checked on laundry, the list could go on but I wont bore you, I like to catch up on my DVR, read a book or go to sleep myself! J I know that my mom (parents) were MUCH busier than I am raising me and Matthew, not to mention my mom became pregnant when we were just 5 months old. I'm sure the last thing on her mind after getting 3 kids to bed was to write down what we were eating, our favorite toys and our latest activities of choice. I also like to remind her that I am not as crazy as she is and do not plan to have "3 UNDER 3"- but that's for another post. :)
So anyways, the whole reason I started this blog, in addition to giving my mom a hard time, (only 1/2 kidding mom) is that I have lots of things to be proud of Alexa for at 9 months! Yesterday, Alexa ate ham and cheese for lunch and then signed to me that she was “All Done”! It was amazing!! At first I thought maybe she was just cheering, so I asked her if she wanted “more?” or “all done?” She signed back “all done” and wouldn’t eat anymore! I was a proud mama!! She is also using her Alligator chomp walker like a champ! I didn't believe my friends when they said she will be walking soon, but recently seeing her cruise back and forth through the kitchen, dining room and down the hallway on this, or catch her on the monitor walking along her crib with one hand down to her mobile...I think they could be right (i walked at 9 months). I just CANNOT believe how quickly this little monkey is growing up and learning so much about her world! It makes me cry tears of joy, but sadness. I so wish I could just push pause and keep her at this age for a few weeks longer, until I'm ready to let her grow- but lets be honest, she would probably NEVER turn 1! :) Oh well, just pass the tissues because I'm bringing on the waterworks! Every time I think of her growing up; walking, starting school, going to prom and getting married, I can't stop crying! I know these things seem a ways off, but just ask my dad and he will tell you that it feels like just yesterday that we were riding together in the car and he had his hand on my little knee- legs sticking straight out like sticks!!
Below is a quick video from her cruise yesterday as well as her lunch. Enjoy!
| loving ham and cheese like such a BIG GIRL |
Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment