I have been so busy and so tired all week, the last thing on my mind has been blogging. I even have something to blog about and asked Ian if he would type while I talked! (no such luck!) After this post is done, I'll be finishing my beer and hitting the sheets! :)
This week Alexa started becoming very difficult at bedtime/naptime. Did this happen to anyone else around 9 months of age? Alexa used to go down so easily, but recently she is fighting us tooth and nail, especially at bedtime! Her routine has been the same for as long as I can remember; bath, jammies, bottle, nurse, bed. She is too cute, as soon as her bottle is gone, she turns her face to nurse...she has this routine down. As we are approaching the 9 month milestone this weekend, I've been reading a lot about separation anxiety and how it can start at this age. I thought this was something that happened during the day, but now I'm starting to think that isn't the case. After I put her down, she screams and cries FOREVER (5-9 mins) and as soon as I go in there, she stops, smiles and wants to be picked up. As soon as I pick her up, her head is on my shoulder because she is so tired. I rock her for a bit, sometimes nurse her and put her back down. Never fails, as soon as I am out the door she starts to cry again. Tonight she drank 7 oz, nursed, and then drank 4 more oz just 30 mins later. I don't even think she was hungry, she just wanted more time with me. When Ian went in there to check on her she kept crying which is why he made the bottle in the first place. Are these signs of separation anxiety? I was worried this day would come but figured it would be when leaving her at the baby sitter...funny however, she still seems to do fine with me leaving her there. Does anyone have any tips?
I obviously hate to hear her so upset! Is this just a phase that will pass?
Lucy has been doing the same thin the past week! I used to just put her down and she'd roll over to fall asleep, but now she fusses until I get her again for one last bit of time rocking and snuggle together! She also wants to be in my lap or by my side all the time when we are both home. I don't mind too much :) But I do feel bad seeing steves face when she fusses if he takes her from me!
ReplyDeletePoor Steve...and Ian!
ReplyDelete