Big thanks to my gf Andrea for watching Alexa while Ian was working, and I was at a Dr's appointment earlier this week. I know what you are are thinking...... OMG, she's pregnant!!! Sorry to disappoint many of you, but quite the contrary.
Shortly after Alexa was born, like 2 months, I started my period. It was quite an annoying surprise since I was nursing and heard one of the many perks of nursing was no period. Well, not for me...which is probably how you can dispel the myth that you can't get pregnant while breastfeeding! :) So I had gone to the doctor and was put on a low hormonal dose of the pill. As you can imagine, after not taking the pill for over a year, that was not a good option for me. I NEVER remembered to take it and was taking 2-3 pills a day when I would remember. My cycles were all out of whack, I would have 2 periods in 1 month, no period for 2 months, pretty much the entire fall/winter (Sept-Dec) I was constantly taking pregnancy tests, and convinced Ian many times that Alexa would become a big sister sooner than we had planned. When my pregnancy tests week after week were negative, but no sign of a period Ian would get excited, but then disappointed when my period would come. It was after vacation in February, that we decided we would start trying for another baby, this spring/early summer after our vacation to Vegas in May.
Fast forward from February to now. We have a family vacation with Ian's family in June, we have 1 wedding in August, 2 weddings in September, and this whole time I kept wondering if I would be pregnant at any of these events. Of course if I was pregnant, it wouldn't be a big issue, very exciting actually, but I hated that feeling of not knowing and worried I would be so sick again like I was when carrying Alexa. How will I continue to take care of Alexa, work ( I worked from home (WFH) a LOT with pregnancy #1), and do all of this traveling? Just thinking about it caused all sorts of questions and worry. Its because of these reasons and some others (bigger house, Ian's work/travel) that we came to the decision to wait. I thought i would feel a little disappointment or remorse, but once we made that decision, and I starting looking into other options of birth control besides the pill, I (we) became SO excited!!! I love not feeling the pressure anymore (mostly from myself) to be pregnant later this year and to know that for this wedding, that wedding and those football Saturdays I will not be with child!
Of course now I feel that I should add a disclaimer for anyone currently pregnant, trying to get pregnant or planning to try to get pregnant later this year. All of the reasons I listed below are reasons for my family that make now NOT the best time. I fully support any and all of my friends having (more) babies!!! :) Of course the beauty of all of this is that I have chosen an option of bc that I can stop taking at any time, should Ian and I change our minds and want to start trying sooner than later.
Now, some cute pictures of my big girl that starting taking a few steps on her own yesterday! She LOVES playing with wipes packaging and always digs them out of her diaper bag.
Happy Saturday!
Fast forward from February to now. We have a family vacation with Ian's family in June, we have 1 wedding in August, 2 weddings in September, and this whole time I kept wondering if I would be pregnant at any of these events. Of course if I was pregnant, it wouldn't be a big issue, very exciting actually, but I hated that feeling of not knowing and worried I would be so sick again like I was when carrying Alexa. How will I continue to take care of Alexa, work ( I worked from home (WFH) a LOT with pregnancy #1), and do all of this traveling? Just thinking about it caused all sorts of questions and worry. Its because of these reasons and some others (bigger house, Ian's work/travel) that we came to the decision to wait. I thought i would feel a little disappointment or remorse, but once we made that decision, and I starting looking into other options of birth control besides the pill, I (we) became SO excited!!! I love not feeling the pressure anymore (mostly from myself) to be pregnant later this year and to know that for this wedding, that wedding and those football Saturdays I will not be with child!
Of course now I feel that I should add a disclaimer for anyone currently pregnant, trying to get pregnant or planning to try to get pregnant later this year. All of the reasons I listed below are reasons for my family that make now NOT the best time. I fully support any and all of my friends having (more) babies!!! :) Of course the beauty of all of this is that I have chosen an option of bc that I can stop taking at any time, should Ian and I change our minds and want to start trying sooner than later.
Now, some cute pictures of my big girl that starting taking a few steps on her own yesterday! She LOVES playing with wipes packaging and always digs them out of her diaper bag.
Happy Saturday!
Honestly, you can always find a reason to NOT be pregnant. I will be late third trimester during our vacation in Maine and Cape Cod. Flying will probably be really annoying. But, honestly, after being pregnant for the same months twice in a row, I think that getting pregnant right at Christmas is the best! I cannot imagine suffering through the holidays during the morning sickness time. I would probably opt to hole up in my house for the entire holiday season and be too tired to do any decorating or shopping. Also, if you get pregnant at Christmas, you start feeling better just in time for spring! The bad part is the heat in the 3rd trimester, but there's pools and AC, and you don't have to stuff swollen feet into real shoes because you can wear flip flops or sandals all the time. But, in the end, when your family and God is ready to give you a baby, it is the BEST time ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood points Holly- and funny bc I said the same things about having a baby in July! I can wear flowy dresses, and flip flops while being huge! I loved being able to take ALexa out right away (versus cold/flu season born babies). But...I do remember throwing up my Thanksgivng dinner, and feeling AWFUL Christmas morning/day, not to mention going to sleep at 8pm NYE, sicker than a dog listening to everyone partying away! Ah, the sacrifices we make for our amazing children! Y0u are so true, God knows when the best time for that baby in every family!
ReplyDelete