I am just getting around to uploading my pictures from vacation, which is a good thing because the month of Feb is almost over! Ian, Alexa and I went down to the Florida Keys for 5 nights and I think it was one of the BEST vacations I have ever been on! The resort,
Hawks Cay was awesome! The food we had at the resort and out at restaurants was all good, the accommodations and pools at our place were top notch and the weather was PERFECT!!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the first half of our trip in Duck Key, Fl
 |
| Being silly at the airport |
 |
| Peek-a-boo on the plane |
 |
| All checked in and LOVING the room! |
 |
| Checking out the pool |
 |
| splashing with dad |
 |
| Swimming with dad in the big pool |
 |
| Fun with mom |
 |
| Frisbee with mom |
 |
| Alexa cheered for both teams during the Super Bowl :) |
 |
| The mini fridge was JUST her size. Alexa LOVED stacking the drinks, and yogurt, and bringing daddy beer and mommy water :) |
 |
| Alexa LOVED using a fork |
 |
| Poolside snack |
 |
LOVE |
 |
| Ice cream with mom and dad...yummmmm |
For the 2nd part of our trip we drove north and stayed in Key Largo for 2 nights, at the
Hilton Key Largo Resort. The drive there was great, Alexa napped pretty much the entire time and we stopped to check out
The Moorings Village, a resort where a friend was married almost 4 years ago and this place was also recommended by our travel agent to stop at for lunch. We ate before we left Duck Key, therefore we weren't hungry but wanted to stop anyway. I am so glad we did....it was gorgeous!
Once we arrived at the resort we headed straight for the pool.
The pools weren't as kid friendly as they were at the first resort, but this place was also great. It was very private, secluded and not commercialized at all which we loved!
The below picture was taken at
Snooks, which was one of the coolest restaurants we have been too. Ian liked it so much he left a review on the website! The view was amazing, they had live music and the food was delicious.
The next day was our last full day and it didn't disappoint! We had fun at the beach in the morning as family
we saw a baby manatee
We lunched and played at the pool
 |
| Alexa loving mommy's drink |
 |
| Feeding each other |
After lunch Ian took Alexa back to the room for her nap and I got some alone time at the beach....something I got every day which was awesome! Thanks Ian for giving up a few hours of your afternoons so that I could relax in the sun. :)
Our last night we went to dinner at
Mrs Macs. The food was great, I had a shrimp sandwich, my favorite and Alexa had her 1st ice cream cone which she loved. We had to take it away from her towards the end because of the mess.
As you can see, we had such a wonderful vacation and I was sad it had to end. The weather was prefect, Alexa was very good and the time away was just what we needed. It was overwhelming to think this was our last family vacation, just the 3 of us and as Ian and I watched the other families with more than 1 kid it was a reminder that things are about to get a lot crazier, very soon. We are excited, but also SO glad we had this time away and have this pictures to remember our family of 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment