Monday, March 4, 2013

Meal Planning

I am finally getting back on track and making dinner again for my family.  For the last few weeks I have been very lazy, I think after we got back from vacation.  We were doing a lot of ordering in, eating out or just eating whatever we had around the house- sandwiches, cereal, nothing. I hadn't been to the grocery to buy things for more than a few days in weeks which always leads to these types of ruts.  Alexa always had a well balanced meal but Ian and I got very lazy.  Over the weekend I decided that I wanted to find some new recipes or spice up some old ones for some fresh new meal ideas and stop being lazy. 

Last night and tonight we had Chicken Rice Casserole.  It was very good with my modifications.  I added:
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 jar mushroom buttons
Cream of broccoli soup (instead of mushroom)

After baking for 30 minutes covered, I added about 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the top and put it back in the oven for about 10 mins. 

This meal was delicious and lasted for 2 meals, and 2 lunches (for Alexa and I).
I will def be making this again, it was so easy and very good.



Tonight I am cooking the meat, boiling the pasta and assembling this recipe for tomorrow' s dinner.  Tomorrow after work we can put this in the oven and bake for a quick/easy home cooked meal.

I'm not sure what we will have at the end of the week, let me know if you have any ideas!

Happy Monday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment