| Such a sweet face |
| side profile, and baby's left hand is bent, you can see 2 fingers and the right hand is out flat, palm down |
| top picture is side of face and ear (I think it looks like the baby is wearing a scarf) Bottom picture his/her lips are puckered...SO sweet!! |
| profile- this might be my favorite...such a sweet face |
| These pictures are of Alexa's 33 week ultrasound on the left and the new baby on the right at 31 weeks. I think they look VERY similar.....this 2nd baby could be a boy OR a girl! :) |
I know we have been saying for months we prefer a girl, but after seeing our sweet baby yesterday, we are so excited at the possibility of a little boy- something neither of us have really thought about. From the very beginning of my pregnancy I have said this baby is a girl, what my mommy intuition is telling me, and Ian has been having a hard time picturing a little boy, since all he knows is baby girl, but after yesterday we are both very excited that we have NO clue what this baby is and can't wait to find out!
Last night we started talking about names and have decided the baby will have a unisex name- works for either a boy or a girl and that is exciting that we can finally have a list of names...something we really hadn't discussed yet. Top ones right now are Parker, Carson and Ashton. I am sure we will continue to add to the list but I am glad that we are on the same page with names we like and are looking forward to the single digit weekly countdown.
After the ultrasound we spent time with friends and Alexa snuggled 5 week old Nixon. She was SO sweet and helpful, giving Nix his paci and throwing away his dirty diaper. I cannot wait to see her interact with her new sibling.
She made us go and get her baby so she could be holding them both...such a natural little mommy.
The pictures below are from Friday night, more snuggles with baby Nixon. Alexa insisted on holding his hand while I held him and then later watched TV with Sydney.
Both of these pictures make me so excited for the surprise of little brother or little sister. :)
Those ultrasounds are so cool. Even though you look and feel pregnant, they make things so REAL!
ReplyDeleteYes! I don't know if I mentioned it, but we are SO happy we had this done. It was great to check in on our sweet babe and helped it seem more real. Not knowing the sex has made me feel like I lack a bond with this baby that I had with my first pregnancy. After seeing this sweet babies face, we are so thrilled and can't wait for May!
ReplyDelete