Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day

We had a great day celebrating such a fun holiday! I remember being in kindergarten and searching for the pot of gold (cookies) left by the leprechauns.  St Patrick's day always has a bit of magic to it and I can't wait to introduce that to my kids. 

We had a special breakfast to start our day.

Checking out her green pancakes

She loved them

 
 
 

After a long nap, Alexa had fun playing in her St Patty's day outfit :)
 
 

Later we had friends over to watch the Buckeyes game and celebrate St Patrick's Day with us.  Alexa and Lucy always have so much fun together.  They played with the babies, blocks and read books. :)

Isn't this this cutest picture you have ever SEEN?!?!



We had a traditional dinner of ham, mac/cheese and green beans.  (I just made that up but it sounds like something to eat on SPD, or Easter..HA!) I wanted to do a fun, festive dessert and all day I was working on it.   The process was long to make each layer of jello and chill separately but it was SO worth it!!

I love that you can see ALL the colors of the rainbow
(even the yellow, right after orange)

Rainbow Jello

The dessert was a big hit, especially with Alexa (and Ian)!!  She ate every. last. bite! (and Ian had seconds)


 
 

I hope everyone had as much fun today as we did!  Kids just make holidays that much more fun. I can't believe that in just 10 weeks we will be adding to our little family!!  Our first holiday to celebrate together will be the 4th of July and I'm already planning matching outfits for Alexa and her little brother or sister to be....CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment