Discharge Day!!!! Matt is no longer a resident of Queens Medical Center!!! He was discharged yesterday, coincidentally the same day I arrived in Hawaii!
For someone that was just discharged (about 24 hours ago), after just over 3 weeks in 2 hospitals, 1 medvac, 6 cleaning/debreeding surgeries, 1 ankle reconstruction (skin graft), 6 units of blood and 1,000 iv antibiotics he is doing awesome!! He is in bed 80% of the time resting, but he is still enjoying little field trips. This morning we had breakfast out on the lanai and we are planning a trip over to the North Shore later this week for some fish tacos.
Matt goes back to the hospital next week to have the stitches removed from his leg and receive approval to continue recovery on his own. Matt is taking it one day at a time.
My hope is that he will be returning back to the mainland to relax and recover, attend some concerts, spend time with his niece and god daughter, attend family BBQs and I heard him discussing a trip to Kings Island amusement park- where he can relish at skipping the line at all his favorite rides courtesy of this latest mode of transportation- the wheelchair. I haven't been on a roller coaster in probably 10 years but might have to join him that day!!
Yay! That is the BEST news ever! I am so happy that you're safely in HI with your brother! Tell him that I am so happy for him and that I admire his strength and courage! I almost cried at his FB post earlier this week. God is very good all the time! ;-) Anyway, I was wondering... is he done with IV antibiotics? Did he get to come home without his picc line? I am so jealous of your plans in OH for the summer, too. I was on a rollercoaster 5 years ago and felt like I was going to die. We're old....
ReplyDelete