Today has been another good day. The ortho surgeon had positive feedback from yesterday's surgery as well as the overall situation. The doctor is planning to go back in and do a final cleaning on Wednesday afternoon.
Matt's white blood cell count continues to go down, which is good. He is continuing the breathing treatments as needed and has been eating full meals. He did request those cookies I spoke of the other day....a good sign that he is getting his appetite back.
On the agenda this week- rest, sleep and more rest. Matt is building up his strength for surgery in a couple days.
I hope he doesn't mind me getting a little personal, but I asked my mom to give him a buzz cut and a shave, if you saw a picture, you would agree. The new look (if happening) won't occur until tomorrow. Matt will get his IV removed (currently in his neck) and replaced with a picc line. This will be used for the long term antibiotics and should be more comfortable for him.
When we spoke this evening he sounded GREAT- just like his old self. His breathing was better and he was very positive. I am SO proud of him. Matt has asked me to thank everyone for the facebook messages and texts- he couldn't do this without all of the support.
*-\/////////////////
haahh I def agree with needing a shave!
ReplyDelete