Thursday, January 26, 2012

Big News

Big news this week in the Kelly house is Alexa's 1st tooth!!! 
Wednesday morning she woke up to eat at 5:30 and when I put her back down in her crib I reached into her mouth (part of our new morning routine) to feel for any teeth, expecting nothing.  I was SHOCKED when I felt a tiny sharp tooth and instantly felt a flood of emotions! I was surprised to feel the tooth, happy that one had finally broken through, and sad that such a big milestone was happening at this very moment.  I cannot believe how quickly Alexa is growing up and right before my eyes without any warning of whats to come. I went downstairs and called my parents to tell them the big news. The conversation when something like this:

Dad:  Hey Kris, whats up, everything okay?
Me: Yes, big news in the Kelly house....Alexa got her first tooth!  (tears begin) She is just growing up so fast, I feel like she doesn't even need me anymore, she is so independent, she can sit by herself and now she has a tooth...next she will be feeding herself.  I think baby #2 will be coming sooner than later, I cannot handle this growing up stuff...it sucks!! (sobbing)
Dad: (laughing) Ah, that's great- I love you...here's your mother.

Yes, I realize I was being a tad dramatic, it was 7am and I was crying over a tooth, but I couldn't help it. You hear from the second your baby is born from everyone around you, to cherish every moment because they grow up fast but I never expected it to be THIS fast!  I feel like I was JUST on maternity leave, cherishing these moments

and now


Today we had Alexa's 6month checkup and shots.  She is 13.12lbs (12%), and 26 inches long (50%).  The doctor said she is growing perfectly, and at her next appointment (9mos) she will still be long and lean. We were told to add a veggie to her daily diet, as well as start her with a sippy cup of water.   

Ugh, I guess I need to "toughen up, this is just the beginning.  My mom told me that before I know it she will be off shopping without me!  I see now why people have 8, 9, 10, 20 kids.  While these woman are crazy, (God bless them) they love the baby phase!  I would love 4, but if I talk about having more than that...please take me to have my head checked....and I imagine I would have a different husband (Ian only wants 2 kids).

 I am still AMAZED that just 6 short months ago we were bringing home our baby!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! CK's two bottom teeth have poked through these last couple weeks which we've been waiting on for months. It is bittersweet, I enjoy each stage more and more but I do miss my little baby.

    ReplyDelete