Night 3: Alexa did GREAT! She went down just before 8 and slept till 3am (7 hours!!!!- which is STTN according to the dr). Since 3am is not an acceptable time to start the day, I let her fuss. After about 10 mins I went upstairs and gave her a paci, she continued to fuss on and off for about an hour, as soon as she would doze off she would wake up and cry. I took that to mean she was hungry, which surprised me since she had 7 oz before bed, but I fixed her a bottle of formula, and she ate ALL 6 oz!! I was so surprised, can you say growth spurt! She went back down and slept till 6:45.
Here is what else we have been up too:
1. Old man winter has arrived- I am grateful he was a few weeks late.
2. Who needs a Keurig when you can heat up leftover coffee from the morning for an afternoon pick me up...and its the perfect pairing with my latest guilty pleasure, Valentines Day candy.
3. I've been wanting to put Alexa in the shopping cart for awhile now, she is always trying to sit up and look around, but it seemed like a hard task to try it alone for the 1st time. I know that seems silly but I had endless questions. Do I park by a cart return and put her in the cart in the parking lot or do I carry her in and risk she isn't ready just to have to go back to the car and get the car seat?!? Thankfully I spoke to a friend who advised me to bundle her up, carry her into the store (with the baby cart cover and an extra blanket in case she was too small) and go from there. As you can see....it was a success!! I will be having Raising Canes for dinner tonight to celebrate. This is such a huge milestone!
4. Miss Alexa is taking her 3rd nap today...growth spurt!
5. If you aren't watching Up All Night and Parks and Recreation you are missing the funniest shows on TV. Do yourself a favor and check them both out on NBC Thursday nights.
6. Online shopping at Express- I cant wait for my new pants to arrive!
Happy Saturday! :)
Love the pic of Alexa in the Cart!! PS. Pastel Skinny jeans are all the rage down here in Buenos Aires! I am not fond of them, but glad to see that you are hanging with the global fashion trends.
ReplyDelete