Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thank YOU!

To my surprise, people are reading and liking my blog!! J  To be perfectly honest, I was very anxious about putting myself out there.  It’s one thing to have a Facebook account where you post pictures of yourself, kids, husband, dogs, or food with a status update here and there that you need coffee, are having the WORST day, or can’t wait for date night, a vacation, or a nap, but it is quite another to invite your friends and strangers into your personal thoughts, fears and ideas.  I feared people would be bored, or wonder “who does she think she is that we care what is going on in her life”, and if you are one of those people…perhaps you should stop visiting.  But for those that have emailed, texted or messaged me to say you are reading and enjoying- thanks!  I’m so excited and proud of myself, because at the end of the day, I am doing this for ME and while I know I will be criticized and judged for how I raise my daughter, what I ate for dinner (if I choose to share) or how I spend my money (shopaholic here, remember) this is something that in the VERY short time I have been doing, I am LOVING and enjoying the feeling of accomplishment I have for actually putting myself out there.

BA (Before Alexa)
Believe it or not- I have a hard time remembering it myself- there was a time, not too long ago that I had a very different life before my latest obsession was around.  I think of the hours I spent watching TV on the couch with Ian drinking beers, reading US WEEKLY, enjoying a mani/pedi, wandering around the local mall, Target, TJMAXX, Homegoods or DSW for hours without a care in the world,  going to happy hour or a movie on a Tuesday and I dont miss it.  While any of those things I would still love to do, I would much rather be changing a diaper, washing bottles or playing with my new hobby any day of the week.  The truth is I LOVE being a mom!  I knew I would love my baby once she finally made her debut, but what I didn’t expect was that I would truly LOVE everything about this tiny little person, a perfect mini US and all of the work that is involved in keeping her happy and healthy.  Nothing can prepare you for the complete change you make in the blink of an eye, or birth of a child, but it is all SO WORTH IT.  Ian and I talk about how she is the best thing that has even happened to either of us, how we can’t imagine our lives without her, how we can’t wait till the day when she has a brother, or sister, and I cant help but smile.  I know its cliche, but the very second she was born- our lives just got SO MUCH BETTER! 

A friend told me a few months ago that seeing me as a mom, more so than anyone else as a mom, has made her the most excited to become a mom herself one day. (Did you follow that?)  It will probably be one of the nicest things anyone can ever say…Thank you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment