My form of sleep training has worked in less than 1 week!!! Night 6 was a HUGE success, fingers crossed it keeps up!
Here's how it went down:
Alexa started to rub her eyes last night at 6, which is an hour earlier than normal, and there was no way she was going to bed sooner than 7pm. I feed her dinner (oatmeal with bananas), nursed her for a few minutes and she was rejuvenated! I put her in the jumper and we skyped with Ian.
About an hour later she started to get fussy so I fixed her bottle and we headed up to bed. I decided no bath, got her in her jammies and fed her. After her bottle, she only ate 5.5oz, I burped her, rocked her for about 5 mins- then put her down in her crib awake. I expected her to fuss for about 10mins before falling asleep but to my surprise, by the time I was downstairs and turned on the monitor she had rolled over, gotten cozy in the corner and was OUT! She wasn't moving or making a peep. I went upstairs to check on her and she was passed out- without her paci!! She sure was tired- she slept ALL night until 5:45!! I thought I heard her around 4am, but by the time I looked at the monitor she was out, maybe I dreamed it?
I'm glad its Wednesday and she is home with me, I think she isn't feeling well. She was fussy this morning and fighting her nap (which is not like her) and then only slept for 30 mins. She looks so tired in this picture but it was taken after 12 hours of sleep (and 2 feedings!) Poor girl, I hope she starts feeling better soon.
Happy Wednesday! :)
I'm loving your updates, Kristen! I still get to watch Alexa grow up!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Love the pic that she took! :).. Awfully confident you sleep training worked after 1 successful night :)
ReplyDelete*your
Delete