Thursday, January 19, 2012

Winter BLUES

If you are like me and live in Ohio, you often ask yourself "why?".  The winters are dark and cold, the summers hot and humid; we have no palm trees or mountains or beaches.  We are just stuck here in the Midwest with nothing but a “Pretty Autumn!"  Ian and I often talk about moving south (Tennessee, the Carolinas) or west (Denver, Arizona) and yet here I sit, with dry skin, chapped lips and cold feet.  I am having some major winter depression, right here at my computer, if you hadn't noticed. :( 

But, in the midst of my self pity, I am thankful for good neighbors, who come over on their way to work to put the bottles from my forgotten diaper bag into the refrigerator, a great sitter who takes WONDERFUL care of Alexa and provides her with formula and oatmeal on days like today when I forget the diaper bag (which I am proud and surprised to say is the first time it has happened in 14 weeks), Starbucks- for trying to cheer me up, and finally to Usher and his Confessions album for doing the trick...sometimes you just gotta let it burn.  

Very MUCH looking forward to vacation in the sun with my loves in just a few short weeks!  February....please hurry!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go!!! Winter blues here as well, and it hasn't even been that cold yet! Congrats to Alexa (and u!) for sleeping so well!!

    ReplyDelete