Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Only Tuesday?!?

What a day and it’s not even noon!   When I put Alexa down to sleep last night at 7:30, I did not anticipate such a sleepless night.   She was up a few times before 2am for a nursing or her paci, which is normal, but when I heard her cries on the monitor just after 4, I thought, “This is great!  If she eats now, so close to morning, I bet she sleeps until before we have to leave in a few hours, perfect”…. And therein lies my mistake!  Just when you think you have a routine, or can make one for your baby, they will prove you wrong!  
When Alexa could not be soothed by nursing, or rocking, I decided to bring her down to our bed and thought she could just sleep with me till morning.  Alexa had another idea which was to play with Mylie. It was adorable to see Alexa sitting on our bed, petting Mylie, Mylie licking her face, Alexa squirming away, but then coming back for more, until I realized it was 4:30am!!  Finally I took her back upstairs just after 5 and she went right back down and slept till 8:30….me until 7:40.  Whoops!  My alarm had been set for 6:20 and I don’t even remember turning it off, not surprising since I had just dozed off about an hour prior.

Thankfully I have a flexible job, which allows me to work from home, a very understanding manager, who knows these next few weeks for me will be CRAZY and a flexible sitter for Alexa. I was able to work from home in the morning, while Alexa slept and then played in her crib while I attended a conference call, took a shower/got ready and did a few hours of work.  


She is such a good, easy going girl, last night she must have just wanted to remind me that she is the boss- point taken. J   Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! At least your day wasn't dull! :)

    ReplyDelete